Old June 23rd 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default antenna switch?

Bob Miller wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 01:45:01 GMT, "Lisa Simpson"
wrote:

I might if I knew what is was & how I would benefit from owning it!

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:38:03 GMT, "Lisa Simpson"
wrote:

Can anyone recommend an antenna switch that allows me to hook up 2 SW
receivers to 1 antenna? Maybe a switch is not what I mean, as I'd like

be able to receive on both receivers at the same time . . .

Perhaps you want a small distribution amplifier?

bob
k5qwg

My main familiarity was in using one to feed a single audio tape to 16
different radio stations, simultaneously, over the phone lines. One
input, 16 outputs; they're made in all sorts of configurations. If you
Google "distribution amplifier" you might find something that would
work for feeding two radios; then again, I don't really know... :-)

The mfj-4706 coax patch panel also looks interesting, tho' I don't
know if you can receive to both radios at the same time.

bob
k5qwg

RF patch bays show up once in a while at flea markets. This assumes all
you want is a switch and not a multicoupler. If you buy one, get the
jumpers at the same time as they are all a little different. In fact,
you should ohm out the path, i.e. jumper and patch bay.

Another item you see once in a while at the flea market is the hp59307.
About $20. I never measure the response of the switch, but I can't
belive it wouldn't work well for HF.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hewlett-Packard-HP-59307A-VHF-Switch_W0QQitemZ7523913977QQcategoryZ25400QQcmdZVi ewItem