Old July 23rd 03, 12:38 PM
Matthew and Wendy Plante

"Robert Grizzard" wrote in message
Matthew and Wendy Plante wrote:
Is CW just FM without an audio signal? So, If I have a FM receiver, can

install a CW audio filter and pick up CW. Such as... an IC 207H or BC

780xlt
and a Vectronics CW Audio Filter. Thanks

FM receivers are designed to not respond to amplitude variations. CW is
about as pure an example of "information conveyed by variations in
amplitude" as one is likely to find. To cut to the chase, what you
propose won't work.

That being said, one can send Morse in a format receivable on an FM
receiver, but it'll be MCW rather than CW. Feeding a keyed audio
oscillator into an FM transmitter will produce MCW. The caveat here is
it is legal here in the states only from 50.1 to 54 MHz and above 144.1
MHz.

HTH

de kg7yy
--
The appearance of my E-mail address in any venue does not in and of itself
constitute a solicitation of bulk or commercial E-mail.

I don't want unsolicited commercial E-mail.

So, If I had a receiver capable of AM reception, then a CW filter would
work?