Old June 23rd 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
gravity

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewith other.

Typing and reading are visually based. So it makes sense that those are
problem. But do you have difficulty saying words or hearing them? Just
because the typing is a problem, doesn't mean that the aural/spoken is a
problem. Reading/writing is a different activity than hearing/speaking

and
uses different parts of the brain. While I can't imagine a graphical

method
working for a dyslexic since it's visual, who can say for sure.

you claim to have certain knowledge of whta is and isn't possible

you are probably correct. linguistics is mainly concerned with spoken
language, not written. in some languages like English, you'll note that
people kind of speak the words out in their brain. other languages like
Mandarin seem to be converted directly from characters into ideas.

ok, what burns me up is people claiming they can't learn code. there are
languages that are tonal, configurational, have bizarre sounds, that put the
object before the subject, that have thousands of characters. 99% of the
planet learns their native language!

code is NOT that different than a language. if you must, you can interpret
it as tones, and simply write out the tones on a piece of paper and decode
them.

Gravity