Old June 24th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
an old freind

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewith other.

gravity wrote:
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
om...
gravity wrote:
and I can send sos with spark gap off a batery without knowing anymore
than that

your engineering skill is formidable.

I don't know much about spark. Was the length of the spark
controllable such that dots and dashes could be differentiated?

click short pause clack = dit
click long pause clack = dah

i think it would be hard to decode vs listening to a modern receiver.

if all the was being sent was sos then it it should e hard and RDF
should pin it down soon enough

certainly more than geting to atrue CW rig up and running on some
desert Ilse

i believe spark gap would be useless in a rescue situation.

becuase yo want to belive it usless mostly I suspect

Gravity