Old June 24th 06, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dale Parfitt

Default antenna switch?

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article vWTmg.2116$Xn.1378@trnddc05,
"Dale Parfitt" wrote:

The one other thing I would mention, why not a "T" coax connector,
with high quality jumpers going to each receiver? I doubt you'd lose
much signal, if any, with that setup.

See my earlier post on problems with this approach.

You mentioned interaction between the radios because there is no
isolation with a "T" connector. There would also be a 2:1 mismatch.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Correct. In addition, the actual signal delivered to one receiver could well
depend on what freq the otehr receiver is tuned to. The degree would depend
on how each receiver's front end is tuned If it is a tracing band pass
filter, the results could be very very odd.
If one receiver is a regen...well, that's a nightmare.
Dale W4OP