Old June 24th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gravity

Default Magloop and ground mat blues.....

I`ll try that Reg, i just wasn`t sure above which height would be of
little
or no advantage, vertical....
but if the loop were horizontal then halfwave at the lowest frequncy i
suppose!!

i used radials with my monopoles, but not my vertical dipoles. i have never
used a Magloop.

i suspect getting an antenna off the ground helps. the trees and buildings
are out of the way. does it lower the elevation angle? does it change
ground loss?

just as an example, i tried a 10 meter vertical at 100 feet. it compared
favorably with a tribander on some paths! conventional wisdom is that a
beam smokes a vertical.

Gravity