Old June 24th 06, 11:01 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc
DrDeath

Default Are you interested in Ham Radio? Don't be fooled by the Lizards! Here's the FAQ!

"know code" wrote in message
DrDeath wrote:
"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:14:01 -0500, "DrDeath"
wrote:

That's absolute bull****. I build and modify my own CB equipment.
Then you are unashamedly breaking the law.

Yep.

Don't you just love a democracy.... the citizens even have the right to
break whatever laws they want....

I wouldn't go that far, but the FCC all but quit policing 11 meters back in
the late 70s. A couple of years ago the FCC gave local law enforcement the
power to enforce the laws governing 11 meters, but most of the police in my
area have no interest or knowledge to do anything about it. I have a better
chance of getting in trouble spitting on the sidewalk, and I don't have a
sidewalk as I live in the sticks.