Old June 24th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gravity

Default Noise level between two ant types

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
. com...
gravity wrote:
He reminds me of a governmental expert who said yesterday
on Foxnews: Since the successful kill rate for our anti-ICBM
missiles is 60%, we have to fire two of them to be sure we
shoot it down. :-) (After all 60% + 60% = 120% and wouldn't
that be overkill?) :-)

84%. the "expert" might borrow a copy of Innumeracy.

And how many missiles must be fired to 100% assure a
kill? :-)

probabilistic methods can be reliable. for instance, primality testing.
you can get the possibility of error down to 0.0000001%. but harder with
missiles.

they still use MIRVs with a hundred dummy warheads?

the Patriot was $1 mil a shot as i recall.

Gravity