Old June 24th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Noise level between two ant types

Reg Edwards wrote:
The thickness of insulation on an antenna wire does not entirely
reduce noise due to (charged particle) precipitation.

Yes, I assumed that was so, but in my case, it reduced the
noise to an acceptable level under most conditions.

Only a very small fraction of particle volts is transferred to the
antenna via antenna capacitance. The result is a reduction in
receiver noise.

Would you mind explaining this law of physics to W8JI?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp