Old June 24th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Noise level between two ant types

John - KD5YI wrote:
No, Cecil, it seem that *you* misunderstand. My point was that you quote
100 uA/cm^2, and it takes very little current to achieve that with a
tiny point.

How much current does it take to achieve when a tiny
point doesn't exist? Can a dipole made out of #8 wire
with rounded ends exhibit corona during receive? If not,
the other side loses the argument.

I suggest you study exclusive Vs inclusive arguments.
The other side is saying that RF noise due to charged
particles is *always* accompanied by corona no matter
what antenna configuration is used. I am saying it is
not always accompanied by corona.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp