Old June 25th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John - KD5YI

Default Noise level between two ant types

Cecil Moore wrote:
John - KD5YI wrote:

No, Cecil, it seem that *you* misunderstand. My point was that you
quote 100 uA/cm^2, and it takes very little current to achieve that
with a tiny point.

How much current does it take to achieve when a tiny
point doesn't exist? Can a dipole made out of #8 wire
with rounded ends exhibit corona during receive? If not,
the other side loses the argument.

Tiny points exist everywhere, all the time, whether you wish it or not.

So, did you make any calculations? Did you even try to refute your own
hypothesis? Have you looked at this from any other viewpoint?

I suggest you study exclusive Vs inclusive arguments.
The other side is saying that RF noise due to charged
particles is *always* accompanied by corona no matter
what antenna configuration is used. I am saying it is
not always accompanied by corona.

Cecil, I am not going to study logic or psychology or philanthropy or
anthropology or Malaysan Frog Worship or anything else you suggest just so I
can understand your comments or arguments. You're input isn't worth it. It
would seem to me that you should be able to present your thoughts so that
people of my un-educatedness could understand. But, perhaps that is not what
you want. Perhaps you feel it is better that you carry on your debate with
those who are more deserving of your debating capabilities.

So be it.

John