Old June 25th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default All Band Coax-fed Dipole ??????????

The BuxComm Antenna Company sells what it calls an All Band Coax-fed
Dipole.

http://www.commparts.com/catalog/pro...ffad91005875fb

It consists of 135 ft. of wire, a balun at the center feed point, and
the RG 8X coax transmission line. I don't claim to know a whole lot
about antennas, but this configuration is contrary to everything that I
have read about feeding mutiband antennas. When I wrote to the company
with a question about this, I received a response from K4ABT, Buck
Rogers himself. He attached to his note a section from the ARRL Antenna
Book, which seems to indicate that coax should not be used with this
type of antenna if one wants to use it as a multibander. I have a lot
of respect for Buck, based on his years of Elmering a lot of us through
his articles. But this one has me stumped. Any input will be
appreciated.