Old June 25th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank

Default All Band Coax-fed Dipole ??????????

Sorry I must have clicked spell check for VSWR not "VISOR"! Also
"W" for "WE" and "RMS" for "ROMS".

Frank

"Frank" wrote in message
newsWxng.91970$S61.1023@edtnps90...
"gravity" wrote in message
reenews.net...
the loss is unacceptable in my opinion. the lobes off the antenna are
unpredictable.

an all band antenna like that is just to get on the air.

i have met Mr. Rogers several times.

Gravity

The antenna pattern is highly predictable using modeling software.
The transmission line losses are probably not as high as Owen predicts
since we do not know the value of the attenuator inside the balun.
I have seen at least three antennas that had attenuators in antenna
matching
networks in order to meet wideband VISOR requirements. These included
a 25 ft marine whip, and a military vehicular antenna. All you need is a
3 dB pad for 3:1 VISOR.

Giving a power rating to a dipole is suspicious also; although voltage
breakdown may be a factor. Note that it is rated at 400 WE "ROMS"
-- whatever the heck that is supposed to mean.

Regards,

Frank