Old June 25th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
J. Kragh

Default Mobile - On Glass Antenna

Hi

In Europe the outside parts are normally glued to the glass using a silicone
adhesive.The sticky tape is only used on the inside. I have succesfully
remounted 2 metre antennas using silicone adhesive. Use an adhesive intended
for wet environments (e.g. intended for caulking bathrooms or aquariums).

vy 73

Joergen, OZ7TA

"J. D. B." skrev i en meddelelse
Anyone know of a VHF/UHF antenna that can mount on the glass and then
actually stay attached to the glass? I used one several years ago and on
a hot summer day, it came off. It used that sticky tape which was
worthless.

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com