Old October 6th 03, 07:19 AM
Walter

Hi,

As far as photos go I plan on posting some this next week on the yahoo
group for skywires.

I just put the skywire up, and it is definitely a step up from my
dipole I just took down.

I'm measuring the difference based on the reception of the
International Beacons I can pick up.

http://www.ncdxf.org/beacon/beaconSchedule.html

I can now pick up the one in Russia occasionally , which I could
never on my dipole.

The other thing is that I can pick up some of the beacons on the
higher frequencies, that I never could before.

As far as RG6, I bought some from Radio shack, trying to save a little
money. It was intended for Video use, and not radio, but I figured it
was worth a try.

I had to snip off one of the F connectors to solder it to the Skywire.
The shielding wasn't copper braid, but an aluminum foil type shielding
that was impossible to solder. So I ended up using my old R59. So be
careful what you buy.

I'm very happy with the answers to my questions. Please keep them
coming.

Thanks.