Old June 27th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Harrison

Default Antenna tower Grounding

"The tower will be set in a concrete (block)
4`x4`x4`. Is driving a copper-clad 5/8"x8 ft. ground rod and sttaching a
#6 ground wire to the tower leg sufficient?"

Yes, if you have one rod and attachment run outside the tower base block
for each of the tower`s legs. This has worked for me countless times
with good results. Usually my ground wires were larger than #6 AWG, but
I think #6 is likely large enough to work well. The tower ground must be
well connected to the electrical service ground to meet code and ensure
the potential difference between grounds is insignificant, even during
lightning strikes.

Best regards, Richard Harrison,KB5WZI