Old June 28th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
chuck

Default Noise level between two ant types

gravity wrote:
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
y.net...
Gene Fuller wrote:
How do you know there is no corona discharge?

Because under passive fairweather conditions, corona
requires 13 magnitudes more current than is available
in nature. Please see my other posting.

And just a comment on your seeming innocent question
above. You seem to be asking me to prove that there
is no corona discharge when proving a negative is
impossible. The onus of proof is upon the one(s) who
assert(s) the positive position.

W8JI asserted that there is a corona discharge and
you agreed with him. Therefore, the onus of proof
is upon you. Please prove that corona can exist
on a receiving antenna under passive fairweather
conditions.

People are free to assert negatives at any time
without any proof. For instance, if I assert that
you cannot dunk a basketball, my assertion will
remain true until you prove that you can dunk
a basketball.

you can restate most negatives as positives. an example of this is a
logical statement, in which case the contrapositive is always true. if P,
then Q. if not Q, then not P.

Afraid you have this wrong, gravity.

Consider:

P=today is my birthday
Q=I will receive a present

If (today is my birthday) then (I will
receive a present).

If (I will receive a present) then MAYBE
today is my birthday and MAYBE it is not.

73,

Chuck

another example is Demorgan's theorem in set
theory and electronics.

if you say that general relativity is wrong, the burden is on you to prove
otherwise.

if the corona discharge theory is held by 90% of physicists and engineers,
then anyone with a charged particle theory (a minority viewpoint) must do
experimental verification or formulate a theoretical model.

in this case, i think that both Cecil and others should cite peer reviewed
articles.

Gravity