Old June 28th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Filter type

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:17:53 +0100, john wilkinson
wrote:

Hi,
When I was looking at an IF amp in the "Experimental mathods in RF", I
noticed a filter I have not seen before.
I will try to describe:

Cite page and figure for faster finding. Its a thick book.
I'd think it's described in the book.

200 Ohm i/p impedance feeding 1 cap. The othe side of the cap feeds
another cap down to ground and an inductor. The other side of the inductor
has a cap down to ground. The junction of the ind and cap, has another cap
feeding a load of 100 Ohm.

When I simulate this it is a bandpass filter.

Likely it's a simple capacitively tapped tuned circuit.

What do you call this filter, and where can I find some info about it?

Thanks,
John

Allison