Old June 28th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Ferrell

Default Antenna tower Grounding

I have no argument with getting professional advice. I hired pro's to
install the lightning rods. They were in agreement that I should
always provide a protective ground other than my equipment. They had
no problem with the fact that I went through the basement ceiling with
a number 6 wire atttaching a cable TV ground to the power panel
ground. It was the shortest route.

When I lived in a house with copper plumbing the ground system ran all
over the houe.

On 28 Jun 2006 06:52:37 -0700, wrote:

You really need to go to professional sources and not listen to advice
from random internet responses on safety issues. There is so much
folklore and pure bunk that is accepted as fact that it can really get
you in trouble.

Look at the polyphaser web site and read their techninal notes
carefully.

John Ferrell W8CCW