Old June 30th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Slow Code

Default Field day was great, even the phonies had fun and learned from us dinosaurs.

Cecil Moore wrote in
om:

Slow Code wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote in
While you, OTOH, when your hardware fails, simply drag out
the signaling flags, mirrors, and smoke signals?

I'll get back to you on that one. I've never been in a situation where
I couldn't produce RF and commmunicate. When it finally does happen,
I'll let you know if it was flags, mirrors, or smoke signals.

Oh yeah, I forgot, only the SSB portion of a transceiver's
electronics ever fails. :-)

That's generally when you find out your rig might need repair, when
someone reports your audio is distorted or garbled.

SC