Old June 30th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Straydog Straydog is offline

Default SB-230 tuning

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Roger D Johnson wrote:

JB wrote:
Reflected Power usually gets dissipated in the coax, but may result in
unusual currents and voltages in the Plate output circuit and may not allow
a proper load.

Why would reflected power be any more dissipated than forward power?

I would ask the same question. Or, if you had 100 watts going forward from
the transmiter end of the coax on a 100 feet of 3 db loss/100 foot coax, then there is only 50 watts at the
end of the coax. If half of that gets reflected (i.e. 25 watts coming
back) from ant-coax mismatch, then it suffers another 3 db loss by the
time it gets back to the entry point on the coax (or, 12.5 watts +/-). At
the transmitter end, Roger and I are having substantial discussions by
private email.

73, Roger

--
Remove tilde (~) to reply