Old July 1st 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
J. D. B. J. D. B. is offline

Default Field day was great, even the phonies had fun and learned fromus dinosaurs.

Slow Code, I think it is time you put up or shut up. If the skills among
you dinos were so great, then you had to finish at the top of your
category. So tell us now, what group were you part of, what section,
and what category did you compete in?

Then, when the results are published, we will compare your standings
with those other groups who had the modern, technically trained operators.

We'll see if the dinos are extinct or if modern humans have triumphed.

Slow Code wrote:

I know you're right.

These new modernized hams want everything to be easy just like flipping
the on-off switch on an appliance. We try and tell them that ham radio is
more than just operating an appliance, but they won't listen. Then when
murphy's law kicks in they don't know how to deal with it. I feel sorry
for them, but it's really not their fault that licensing has been dumbed
down over the years. The phonies did notice after we put the broken
computers in the dumpster that the bands sounded much better without all
the computer generated noise on their receivers. And their contacts per
minute increased. They realize now that when equipment fails it's nice to
have skills you can fall back on that will let you keep communicating.
Especially important during emergencies. Hams wouldn't look good if
during an emergency we couldn't communicate.

SC