Old July 29th 03, 10:06 PM
Eric Merlen

Hello Massimo,

I use my ft-817 daily for 1200 packet radio (APRS, BBS and DX
cluster). It works very well. I have cut the wire from an old ps2
mouse and have soldered a DB9 connector for my TNC KPC3. The volume
level from the data port is preset, so you can turn the volume pot all
the way down or not if you want to monitor the audio. The antenna is
an indoor vhf j-pole.

If you have specific questions, feel free to send me an email.
Eric - ve2shf @ qsl.net

"Massimo I0MCF" wrote in message ...
Did someone had operated an FT-817 in packet mode (1200 or, preferably,
9600) and want share with us its opinions ?
Thanks

Massimo I0MCF