Old July 1st 06, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default A question for nickle Generals and Extras. Would you renew your license?

John Ferrell wrote in
:

Yes to the Extra part. I have been trying to get to 20 wpm all my life
and I continue now. It has never made anymore sense to me than a
requirement to be able to run a five minute mile. 16 wpm seems to be
the fastest code I can differentiate with my ear/brain connection.

If the code guys need a special chunk of the band to operate high
speed code they can petition for it. My hat is off to those who have
both the code skills and the technical skills to be superior to me on
any subject.

However, I am embarrassed as a long time Ham by those who would deny
the hobby to anyone without Code skills.

I believe the ARRL offers Award Certificates to those who can achieve
the higher speeds.

Thanks for the opportunity to speak out. Another characteristic that
earns no respect from me is the matter of remaining anonymous on the
Internet. I expect that your CB handle is something like "Bad boy" or
"Rain Brain". If you were not a troll by choice you might be able to
make a positive contribution some where.

de John Ferrell W8CCW

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 23:21:48 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

Phony's can ignore. This question doesn't apply to no-codes.

Nickle Generals and Extras:

If the 13 and 20 wpm CW exams came back and you had to pass the proper
code exam for your class to renew, 13 wpm for general, 20 wpm for extra,
would you renew your license?

John Ferrell W8CCW

What? I ask a friendly question as to who would re-new their license if
Code speeds were increased to what they should be and I get called a
troll. Well eat **** and die. I got a real Extra class license. You
nickle hams are really unfriendly assholes sometimes.