Old July 1st 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Blagghhhhh! Blagghhhhh! is offline

Default Radio Clubs Then & Now

You could not be more correct OM !!

I went out to a "Field Day" last week to see a local Club effort.

The *******S had EXTENSION CORDS running out
of the windows of the building they were set up outside of
running the SB-220 amplifier so they could make more
contest points. (!!)

(I managed to snap a few covert photos with my camera
phone and that of their club banner for easy ID by the ARRL.
It will be VERY FUNNY to see them when their logs are
DISQUALIFIED for running illegal AC power when they
claimed they were running class 6A)

Ham radio today is nothing but one big EGO TRIP for a
bunch of dirty old men white blowhards and racist pricks.
I hope their ham radio goes right into the TOILET in the
comming years.

"Lloyd" wrote in message
Back then, a ham radio club would upgrade the technical
knowledge of members via more experienced hams
coaching (Elmering) the newer inexperienced members.

Today, ham radio clubs always end up "dumbing-down"
to the level of their dumbest members, with the end result
of the technically more competent members leaving the
club out of boredom and no challenge.

A sad testimony to the state of ham radio today.

10-4?