Old July 2nd 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Merlin3rd Merlin3rd is offline

Default Email this to your Senators and Congressmen. make the FCC do the right thing.

The hobby is almost dead anyway,nothing is going to save it. No one
cares about Ham radio.Most people under 30 have never heard of it and
don't care. All they want is their cell phones, Ipods,etc. The FCC
can't save it by changing anything.
Povertyhill wrote:
Gee do all hams in Colorado think like this or only ones in Denver? Get a
life and play with your CW key with a buzzer!

"Radio Buff" wrote in message
nk.net...
Dear sir:

The FCC has been dumbing down ham radio for several years now. This has
hurt the integrity of the service and is bad for America. They are
planning to dumb it down again really soon now and their plan will make
ham radio like CB and it will be bad for America. We already have one CB
service, we don't need two. Please pressure the FCC to endorse the
following items for the good of the service and County.
God bless America.

Signed
(Your name & callsign)

No more automatic renewals. Individuals must retest and pass all elements
required for their license class.

The passing score for written exams needs to be raised to 85%.

Code elements should be 13 wpm for General, and 20 wpm for Extra.

Make the no-code license one year non-renewable.