Old October 6th 03, 08:37 PM
Cecil Moore

Richard Clark wrote:
My data stands un-refuted (barring the usual cackle of nay-saying
sneer review), and even more, without test at ANY other bench. I can
only conclude that:
1.) My data is bullet-proof;
2.) others lack the ability to perform the task;
3.) 1&2 above, but narcissistic debate is the real focus of critics.

I offered an experiment that might prove you right, Richard, but so
far you, nor anyone else, has offered any response.

Source---coax---(+j500)---SWR meter---(-j500)---50 ohm load

Seems to me the resonant reactances, in series or parallel, on each side
of the SWR meter, might add an equal magnitude of energy to the forward
energy and reflected energy seen by the SWR meter thus changing the SWR
reading. I suspect the above condition is representative of what you are
seeing in your measurements.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp