Old July 3rd 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
rui_v rui_v is offline

Default yaesu vr-500 troubleshoot

I did that. No batteries overnight. No result.

I also inspected the radio trying to find a reset button...nothing.
Maybe it's inside it, but I wouldn't like to open because of the
warranty (and also because I am not sure there is a reset button
inside).

So, still lost

But thanking for your trying to help. I do need ideas...

Rui V.

D Peter Maus wrote:
rui_v wrote:
Unfortunately, the when I insert the batteries the radio does not
"respond" to ANY button. Not even the power button. When the batteries
are inserted it starts immediately to produce that repeated sound and
blinking the low battery sign.

Rui V.

Ok....did you leave the batteries out overnight? Start with that.

I found the Yaesu VR 500 Manual on line. To reset the system,

1) Turn the radio OFF.

2) Press and hold the [FUNCTION] and [MONI(LOCK)] keys while turning
the radio ON.

3) Press [1(MEMO)] key.

4) Press [ENT(SET)] to reset all settings to their factory defaults.

That should return you to functionality.

Is there any possibility that, when the original "low battery" signal
came on, the batteries were OK but the radio needed to be
reset ? k35454.