Old July 3rd 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Radio TexMex Radio TexMex is offline

Default whats up?

On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 14:06:38 -0500, Brian Hill wrote:

"Radio TexMex" wrote in message
news
[quoted text muted]

Hi Matt. It is the holiday so I'll bet the house that they'll be out in
full force. Solar condition are quite good too. I logged the following in
the last couple days:

Crystal Ship
Mac SW
WMPR
GZR
Radio PigMeat

Hey Brian. Nice web site by the way, musician/tech person here as well! I
just scanned through the 6.9xx area I didn't find anything right now. I
kept tuning and somehow landed on 9.385, which is Brother Stair. I'll
check back when I can. I'm still having power company noise problems and
have learned a few tricks that can make hamming possible (not enjoyable),
but I'm thinking about upgrading to either an R5000 or an Icom -
IC-706MKIIG so I can transmit. Either way, it looks like it would easier
to get a reciever with DSP than fight the local power mongols.

I'm really leaning to the IC-706MKIIG to get best of both HAM and SWL
worlds, since I really enjoy both and that seems to be an economical
solution.

I'll post the pirates(and anything else good) when I hear 'em!

- Matt