Old July 4th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Count Floyd Count Floyd is offline

Default IF Gain vs. RF Gain

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 04:23:15 UTC, (Michael
Black) wrote:

"Count Floyd" (CountFloyd@MonsterChillerHorrorTheater) writes:

Thanks for the reply, yes, this is the Lafayette HE-10, in mint
condition, recently recapped and aligned. The manual says to put the
IF gain control at maximum for AM reception, and to reduce it if it
overloads the receiver. The radio is very sensitive getting really
good DX here in South Florida.
I was just curious whether the IF gain was similar to the RF gain in
my other receivers. The radio also has a BFO pitch control for
CW/SSB, and a switch for AVC/MVC/BFO.

Someone else replied already and said it's not a cheapy, and your
description here does not make it sound like such. Of course, now I'm
hving a problem picturing which receiver it was.

Michael

Michael,
It looks like an S-38 on steroids! It has 9 tubes, the familiar
half-moon dials, an "S" meter and it has a transformer, not the "hot
tail" setup of the old S-38 ( of which I have the C model, fully
restored).

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"