Old July 4th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Dave is offline

Default VHF signals

wrote:
How far away from viewers are VHF signals typically broadcast?
(i.e. up to 1000 miles)

Well the exact answer to the exact question is: As far away as they can be!!
[I'm in New Hampshire and I'm sure somewhere in Europe VHF signals are being
transmitted. But, I surely can't hear them :-)

Allowing for the ambiguous wording and hopefully moving to the intent of the
question A 1000 feet high tower will have about a 50 mile radius range.

A 2000 feet high tower will have about a 70 mile range.

a 200 feet high tower will have about a 20 mile range.