Old July 4th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
MAc MAc is offline

Default quadrature detector & SSB

AndyS napisa?(a):
I bet we agree on almost
everything.....

Generally Yesss

But (always but) :-))))

I never used mc3372 as ssb rx, but permanently used mc3362.
But... - mc3362 id dual conversion RX and i used second mixer as a
product detector leaving original fm detector "out of business".
I am not good in quadrature detectors, and i don't know what
(technically) is mixer (rather mixers) in ad607. I have only 1 piece of
IC, it's surface mount, and I'm afraid, that if I use it in my test
board I will have nothing to use in my receiver.

Of course I used ne602/612 in many constructions, (genetally trx with
switched BFO/VFO - Atlas idea), but this time the idea is to use as low
elements as possible to build a rx with "quite good" performance.

Serious (other or better ;-) ) idea in my wokshop is TGX with1st mixer
on fst3125 with companion of ad600 IF ampli (only one) in typical
application (application note with simple ad590 and one transistor AGC)
- not this "high performance agc system from Exp. Methods...

On the other hand - it is the best way in our HAM life - to use parts in
the way, which was not inntended by "creators". It's a part of our love
to ham radio :-)

Nice and inspirating talk Andy. Greetings from Poland

MAc
sp9mrn