Old July 5th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ben Jackson Ben Jackson is offline

Default Self-heating of crystal in inverter oscillator

On 2006-07-04, Mike Monett wrote:
Ben Jackson wrote:

The two 100p might be slightly too high for the 18p crystal I'm using,

Hi Ben, Thanks. What is the nominal setting of the cap in series with the
crystal? 18pf or so?

The "varicap" is actually a red LED, which G0UPL characterized as about
30p down to about 20p over 0..5V:

http://www.hanssummers.com/radio/varicap/index.htm

Do you have any info on the crystal, such as make and model?

It's a Digi-Key X231-ND, mfg p/n ECS-250-18-4-F. Digikey has the
datasheet. I think the ESR was 40 ohms.

Would you like me to post the results to my web site?

Sure.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/