Old July 4th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Figuring out radio locations by area

David wrote:

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 05:12:59 +0000, weatherall
wrote:

SR Wrote:
I am located in New York City and I located a commercial radio station
in Toronto CKLW AM 800 KHZ.

On a simple map I roughly conculated that the distance is 800-1000
miles
away. However, if I am able to pick up that far away on a medium wave
am band, I should be able to pick up a lot of other stations by area.

You may be interested in this article I wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/q4yax

I identified a number of distant mediumwave stations while listening in
san francisco. The list is he
http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/2006/0...pril-2006.html

KFI hasn't been 50 KW for years. They are 25 KW into an 1/8 wave
antenna, the equivalent of 10 KW.

You, like KFI, haven't been running on full steam for years either.

dxAce
Michigan
USA