Old July 5th 06, 11:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Scott Scott is offline

Default VHF signals

The best TV DX I have ever had was one night in the winter (Jan. or
Feb.) back about 1992. I was living in far Northern Wisconsin and I got
the news from a New Orleans TV station (Ch. 3 I believe) and the video
was very good with full sound. I had the TV running in the other room
and didn't even suspect that it was not my normal channel out of Duluth,
MN until the weather forecast came on and said the high temp expected
was going to be in the low 80s (that would be VERY unusual Wisconsin
weather for the middle of winter)!!

Scott

Sal M. Onella wrote:

Some years ago in Norfolk, Virginia, I watched a late-night movie from a
station in Buffalo NY, over 400 miles away. The picture was snowy, but good
enough to permit enjoying the movie. That was a rarity, as most nights
after that I saw little or nothing of that station.