Old July 5th 06, 12:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Dave is offline

Default Optibeam

I looked at their web site and did not see a 'Log Periodic'.

Their antennas seem to be Yagi based. A L-P is a driven array, not parasitic,
and broad banded so that the VSWR never exceeds a max value, typically 1.7:1,
ANYWHERE in the spectrum from 14 to 30 MHz in the bandwidth you mentioned.

Do you have a model number?

/s/ DD W1MCE

Ron Walters wrote:

Would appreciate comments relative to the Optibeam Log Periodic 14-30MHz
antennas, I am also considering the SteppIR antenna but I am concerned
with the mechanical and electric potential problems with that antenna.
Getting on in age and tower climbing is s chore for me. Any suggestions
or comments?

Ron W4LDE