Old August 4th 03, 06:20 AM
Dick

Make sure you have the ground screw for the extension cable installed
at the radio end. Causes lots of problems if it isn't installed.

Dick - W6CCD

On 3 Aug 2003 16:25:56 -0700, (Jim Dolson) wrote:

Last year I operated my Icom 706MKIIg HF mobile with no problems.
I've taken the HF antenna off and installed a 2m antenna.

With the front panel attached to the main body of the transceiver,
everything works FB.

However, when I remove the front panel and put it between the two
front seats, keying up on 2m causes what sounds like feedback - a high
pitched squeal coming out of the speaker. Talk into the mic and I can
hear myself on the radio speaker quite nicely.

Does it sound like a shielding problem with the separation cable
between the radio and the front panel? I'd be surprised simply
because I can't find any reports of this problem on the net.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim