Old July 5th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Steve N. Steve N. is offline

Default frequency meter

"Kirk" wrote in message
ps.com...
I have looked at used eqpt etc and kits. Most kits are partial kits.
How I wish Heath were still in business

Any recommendations for a frequency meter of good accuracy. I dont need
high frequency capability - a few MHz is good enough but I need good
accuracy.

thanks
Kirk
KC7THL

You need to be more specific. There are "frequency counters" (common) that
are different from "frequency meters" (older equipment and more rare).
How many is a "few MHz."
What is "good accuracy" ?
What are you measuring ?
What is your price range ?

If a Heath frequency counter will do, then any frequency counter available
will probably do.

Elenco has small counters that start at $150
http://www.elenco.com/

Similar small units:
http://www.optoelectronics.com/cub.htm

http://www.apogeekits.com/frequency_counter.htm

73, Steve, K9DCI
Not sure what you mean by partial kit, but:
http://www.piclist.com/techref/piclist/weedfreq.htm ~ $49

73, Steve, K9DCI