Old July 6th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
VE2CJW VE2CJW is offline

Default I really ned help here.

From the antenna, I can't see the repeater because of a couple of condos
that are much higher than my house. That's probably the problem because I
can reach a few repeaters about 4 times farther but not in the same
direction. I wonder how high my antenna should be to solve my problem. I
also wonder if more power, say 150 watts would change anything. I am open to
suggestions.
VE2CJW.

"Cecil Moore" a écrit dans le message de news:
.. .
VE2CJW wrote:
Ok you antenna gurus, I have a funny problem. Whenever I try to reach a
certain repeater on 2 meters, (146.700-), I can't do it. The repeater is
about 25 miles from here.

If you were where your antenna is, could you see the
repeater antenna through a telescope on a clear day?
If not, what is obstructing your vision?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp