Old July 6th 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
an old friend an old friend is offline

Default Give up CB for Ham?

scott i nakeded when i postes
"Scott in Baltimore" wrote in message
Alot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck with a ham radio. What do you
think?

Screw all the a$$hole answers. Here is the real lowdown:
You will find jerks on Part 95 and Part 97 bands.
You will find fine folks on Part 95 and Part 97 bands.

Three years ago I got my ticket. I found more bands to work plus
my CB. When I can't find someone on 2 meters, I can check out 440.
If that proves to be dead, I can always find someone on channel 19!

Get a scanner and tune from 144 to 148 and from 438 to 450. You may
hear a lot of the same voices on there that you hear on your CB!

Finally, repeaters are great for a consistent long range connection,
however most 2 meter action occurs on simplex, just like CB. Many
times, it sounds like CB. I find most of the extra cl ass hams are
the ones with the attitudes. The rest are OK.

Don't give up your CB. Just add more radios!