Old July 6th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Alan WA4SCA Alan WA4SCA is offline

Default Horizontal HF Loop

Newman,

I did that at a condo which I was renting. With a simple antenna
tuner, using a choke balun, it loaded up fine, and more importantly
got out well enough to work plenty of people, including some DX.

I got some rf into an answering machine, as well as my TV. Both of
those were the result of the phone line and the OTA TV antenna having
to pass near the loop. No problem with the neighbors.

Such an installation depends on a host of factors specific to the QTH,
as well as basic antenna factors. Things like metal siding, gutters,
especially with poor joins between sections, wiring and copper
plumbing in the wall, etc, will all have effects on the questions you
asked. Best advice is to give it a try. Not much cost, and you will
probably get good results.

Alan
WA4SCA

--