Old July 7th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Pete KE9OA Pete KE9OA is offline

Default quadrature detector & SSB

I never tried to use this chip as an SSB detector, but I did design an AM
sync detector a couple of years back. I remember that I had to limit the
input level to around 30uV when used in the fashion, but it wasn't bad for
that purpose.

Pete

"MAc" wrote in message
AndyS wrote:
A Quadrature detector is normally used only for FM demodulation.

Yes.

but (from Analog Devices):
"...Applications of the AD607 include narrowband systems with a high first
IF (21.4 MHz to 300 MHz) and a second IF at 10.7 MHz, 455 kHz, or 450 kHz.
These include Dual Conversion IS136, GSM, TETRA, and MSAT Receivers; and
Single or Dual Conversion VHF and HF AM, SSB, CW, or QPSK Receivers... "

But :-) I did not find any SSB application :-( So I need an example.

Just my two cents worth.... If anyone disagrees, I'd be happy to
learn from them where my explanation is wrong..... but I warn you,
it ain't far wrong.... cause it worked for me for many many years
in designing receivers for both commercial and military products
...:)))))

Andy Thanks for your cents, rather dollars.

PS there is internal quadrature pll in ad607.

MAc