Old July 7th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Lloyd Lloyd is offline

Default RESULT: rec.radio.amateur.policy will be removed

On 6 Jul 2006 21:47:06 -0700, N9OGL wrote:

Jim Riley wrote:
RESULT
remove rec.radio.amateur.policy

The Big-8 Management Board has decided by consensus to remove the
newsgroup rec.radio.amateur.policy. Voting began on 01 Jul 2006, and ended on
02 Jul 2006.

This group will be removed on 17 Jul 2006.

SUMMARY OF DISCUSSION:

There were no comments made.

RATIONALE: Remove rec.radio.amateur.policy

The last official message was in May 2006.

Not true, I posted a message on our echolink system on June of this
year.

Read that again. You aren't a Usenet admin, and an "official message"
is one which has been posted to a news group by an admin. That
message would probably be the one posted by Paul Schleck at about that
time.

There are other more suitable means of discussing radio policy, so
rec.radio.amateur.policy is not a suitable candidate for conversion to
a moderated newsgroup.

The PROBLEM with this group is it has people who flame the group and
don't belong here. remove those people and you fix the problem.

Wiseman and Morgan both have ham licenses and are responsible for at
least 90% of the spam in here. Morgan even has seven or eight nyms he
uses so that he can exceed (and abuse) Google's posting limits.

Schleck wanted to make this a moderated group. The admins said "no"
and now are going to remove it completely, if you believe this message.

I say leave it alone. Let Morgan and Wiseman remain here while the
rest of us move elsewhere when we want serious discussion. Robeson
has wisely gone to a web board, as have most other serious posters.
I won't name the board, because I don't want to give Morgan or his
play pals any additional information.