Old July 7th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Steve N. Steve N. is offline

Default quadrature detector & SSB

"MAc" wrote in message
Steve N. napisał(a):

AD607 does NOT have a "quadrature detector". It has an "I & Q

demodulator".
BIG difference. You must read the datasheet and app notes to use it
correctly. It is capable of demudulating many types of modulation.

[typo
accepted]

My mistake, I undersand. But datasheet says nothing more exept "it is
possible to detect ssb with ad607"

Thanks
MAc

OK MAc,
All I know is the I & Q modulator and demodulators are the industry
standard in commercial radios like the ones my company designs. I hrae that
you can get anything you want. I'm too far away from the current designs to
know anything specific.
A Google resulted in this , but it doesn't appear to be a complete how-to.
http://www.merrimacind.com/rfmw/02intro_modulators.pdf

Perhaps someone can explain how to "I & Q" to get SSB, etc.

Good luck 73, K9DCI