Old July 8th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
an old freind an old freind is offline

Default Why does slow code hate the ARS I asuume it is becuase one of his other names is hey stupid

Slow Code wrote:
(Dave Platt) wrote in
:

They think you shouldn't have
to be proficient at anything to have a ham radio license.

Nonsense. That's an illogical conclusion on your part, and _not_
something which has been stated, or can reasonably be inferred from
the postings that I have seen in these threads.

OK then, Since we all want to be proficient, how about this:

I am reading

Step 1: No more automatic renewals. Individuals must retest and pass all
elements required for their license class.

not the worst idea but unlikely to be put in place

Step 2: The passing score for written exams needs to be raised to 85%.

why? again not the worst idea but why bother

Step 3: Code elements should be 13 wpm for General, and 20 wpm for Extra.

and why is it that you hate the ARS?

Step 4: Make the no-code license one year non-renewable.

since this wold kill the ars within a single renwal cycle

your proposal would kill off the ARS n 10 years or less

why do you hate the ARS SC