Old July 8th 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Highland Ham Highland Ham is offline

Default 813 power amplifier - design safety advice/tips?

I was also thinking of using three toggle switches across the front panel
for filaments, plates, and screens, arranged so as to reflect the order in
which to apply the power. I suppose some sort of relay or other device
could be used to make sure the screens never got power before or in place of
the plates. It is a good idea about the interlocks on the chassis too - I
know nobody else will be using this amp besides me but still always a good
idea to design in the safety.

Instead of having 3 separate switches ,go for a single manual switch , a
sequential timer or separate timers and have 3 front panel lights for
filaments ,anodes and screen voltages. With 3 separate switches you
might operate these in the wrong sequence. With the 3 lights to come on
sequentially you quickly can detect any possible sequential switching
problems.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH