Old July 9th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] jo9s8as@yahoo.com is offline

Default What is a wire antenna's impedance?

Thanks, everyone. But you guys still made things complicated. I said it
is just wire antenna, only for a very small output power, 10mW. In
order to eliminate the confusion or misunderstanding, let me put some
pictures to illustrate:

(1) This transmitter, 10mW, at 450MHz, wire length(lambda/4 for
450MHz)=16cm. What is the wire antenna's impedance?
http://www.charto.info/antq1.jpg
(2) This transmitter, 10MW, at 450MHz, Rod Extendable Antenna is
extended exactly as 16cm(lambda/4 for 450MHz). What is its antenna's
impedance?
http://www.charto.info/antq2.jpg

Given that such specific conditions are as shown in the pictures, is it
still difficult to tell, even for a rough number within a range such as
50 to 80 ohms, or 500-800 ohms?