Old July 9th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
an old friend an old friend is offline

Default CONELRAD

Bruce Wilson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONELRAD

In doing some research on Civil Defense I ran across the CONELRAD stations.
In Wikipedia's entry there is a statement that hams were required in 1957
and later (presumably until 1963 at least) to check that a major broadcast
station was on the air.

Any old-timers remember this requirement? Was it regularly done by working
hams?

hmm I had heard of the Conelrad system although being born in 1964 it
hardly applied to me

although why would you want all ham of the airs suddenly seems strange
but then so does code testing

--
Bruce Wilson KF7K
http://science.uvsc.edu/wilson