Old July 10th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
David Thompson David  Thompson is offline

Default Horizontal HF Loop

I put up a shielded link loop several years ago laying on the roof near the
gutters with part goint to close trees in the front yard as a receiving
antenna several years ago. It was something on the order of 180 feet
long as written up by AB0X in a 1989 CQ. I had just gotten my Amp Supply LK
500NTC and was listening to a CX on 75. I thought I set it to RX on the
antenna and transmit on my half square but I worked him on the shielded
loop. He was only a few DB stronger on the half square.

Did'nt burn the roof off but made sure I did not do that again HI.

Dave K4JRB
"Newman" wrote in message
Anyone here tried an HF horizonal loop built around residence? (either
attached under eaves or to trees very close by)...
Did it work? Affects of antenna on residence electronics and vice versa?
(100 watt TX)
Would plan to use on several bands w/antenna tuner & open wire feed.
Tnx for comments...