Old July 10th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] mcdonald606a@yahoo.com is offline

Default radio australia signal is weak

at 11:45 UTC, Picking it up here on 9.580 (using an external antenna )

but am able to pick it up On The Whip with my Degen DE1105

Signal strong but full of static due to Air Conditioners . ..

Radio New Zealand has been absent the last few nights

weatherall wrote:
I had success receiving Radio Australia last summer in the 19 meter
band. I've been looking up their frequencies on primetimeshortwave.com
. Lately I am only getting faint signals, which are even weaker than
the Voice of Russia.

Has anyone in North America had success with Radio Australia in the
past few months? I'm curious to know which times and frequencies are
successful.

Typically I use a Sony ICF SW7600GR or Eton E5 with just the builtin
antenna. Grounding hasn't helped much - the signal just seems too
weak. I'm in an apartment and I don't have the option for a lengthy
outdoor antenna. I have a DE31 loop antenna that doesn't really help.

--
weatherall